I had never done an online course of this kind before, and besides I am a very reluctant and inefficient and unsuccessful marketer. But this course really gave me some helpful pointers and encouragement that I too could do this DM stuff!
I really learned a lot. Thanks, Laurence.
Great introduction to digital marketing and the options available to independent authors.
Easy to follow and packed with information, tips and recommendations. I feel inspired to get going.
For someone new to DM it was very informative and helpful. So much to learn!
As always this course was spot on.
Awesome intro series. Cannot wait to watch the other videos.
Like that it was in short bits. Sometimes got a bit deep for me (lost my interest for a while because of that), but it was all good information.
Excellent intro to the digital marketing world. While I have just started to explore your site, it appears you have consolidated all of the critical areas of digital marketing into one central location. I've taken a number of other marketing courses, and this is one of the best basic courses because it is well focused, concise, and clearly presented. I am now interested in your other training offerings. Well done!
This course can give an author a quick overview of what is digital marketing and that it should be part of their marketing strategy.
This course was eye-opening in some aspects and review in others. I think the value of the course is that it presents items we all know we have to do together in a cohesive setting. As a writer, i am always looking at genre and plot. Marketing is a different hat for me. I've heard about the things i need to do but didn't really see them as a plan. This course did that for me.
I’m very impressed with BooksGoSocial.com. I just saw a great video presentation of Laurence O’ Bryan’s “Basics of Digital Marketing for All Authors” via their website. Being a new author, I strive for anything that can help me with marketing my book, “Keys and Keynotes” and this video (which was broken into small segments), has so much important information, I will review it again in the near future along with the many notes I took while watching it.
Excellent course. I wrote some blogs and I am encouraged to write more as a result of watching this course. I was wondering how can I attract more readers to the blog? What I saw so far is that tweeting about the blog might attract some readers. But is any other way to appear in Browser searches based on the key words, in the title of the blog for example? The course mentioned something about it, but more detailed would have been welcomed.
I enjoyed the presentation very much. I took notes and will apply these suggestions to my book marketing plan. I also look forward to other related courses.
A good, down-to-earth, non-American introduction to digital marketing, especially suitable for new indie authors who often feel overwhelmed by the need to promote themselves and the overwhelming number of possibilities.
Laurence O'Bryan and the Booksgosocial team are mega stars for providing this helpful guide to digital marketing. It makes you think about what to do, evaluate what you are doing (rightly or very wrongly!!) and gives you expert advise on marketing your book and engaging with potential, and existing, readers. I have joined several sites after the training videos. THANK YOU
Loved the short chapters, this gave me time to write down headings and keywords before the talk even began. The video slide is very helpful and full of great ideas and helpful information. I thought I was getting further along the indi-publishing road and was totally pleased to discover things I didn't already know. I shall definitely be checking out SoundCloud for instance, but this is one of many things I will now be looking into. Really recommend this video to everyone. Tracy
A very good package. Thank you!
By taking our short course you will learn:
- What Digital Marketing is, and why authors need it,
- What a Digital Marketing & Social Media Audit is,
- What a 7 Pillar Digital Marketing Plan is,
- What the Digital Marketing Mix for Authors is,
- What SMART DM objectives,
- What the classic marketing 5Ps are,
- How Zuckerberg's Law will affect you,
- What Attribution Management is,
- Why Book Marketing Plans Fail.
Here's why you need this course:
- Understanding marketing is a key skill all authors need to ensure their efforts writing a book are not wasted,
- Marketing is easy to learn,
- Marketing can be enjoyable too, as you find new ways to reach readers,
- Marketing is a key skill to help you increase the income you earn from your writing,
- Our courses focus just on what you need to learn. There is no padding,
- You can apply the information quickly,
- Your course leader has been practicing marketing for over 25 years.
Author & Digital
Laurence O'Bryan, has been training authors, and others, in digital marketing since 2012. He is also a published author.
Laurence was published by Harper Collins globally, and by ten other publishers in translation. His first novel, The Istanbul Puzzle, won the Southern California Writers Conference Best Novel award in 2007.
Laurence founded BooksGoSocial.com and this training site to help other authors get discovered.
His background includes over thirty years in sales, sales management, marketing and training.
If you have any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurence O'Bryan is an expert in digital marketing whose accomplishments include:
- Masters in Marketing from Herriot Watt University
- Graduate with Distinction in Training Course Development
- U.S. Trained Course Facilitator
- 30 years experience in IT sales, sales management and marketing. Worked targeting businesses and consumer sales, managing teams up to 25
- Taught sales, marketing, and digital marketing to writers at International conferences & the Irish Writers Center, Ireland's leading writers center, where he is now a Director
- Became Director of the College of Digital Marketing at City Colleges in Dublin in 2013.
He is also:
- An author who has been on the inside of the publishing industry and knows how it works
- A #1 Amazon Best Selling Author, in two categories.
- He spent ten years trying to get published, until he started a blog and Twitter account in 2010
- He got a three-book deal from Harper Collins 11 months later
- He earned out his advance in foreign rights sales before his first book was published
- He sold the option for his first book to a Hollywood production company
- He was paid for that option and for the option to be extended.
LAURENCE O'BRYAN IS UNIQUELY QUALIFIED, AS A PUBLISHED AUTHOR AND MARKETING EXPERT, TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT USING TWITTER TO SELL YOUR BOOK.
AND THERE'S MORE...
- Laurence founded BooksGoSocial in January 2013 to help authors get discovered
- He has helped market over 7,500 books through BooksGoSocial mainly from U.S. based authors
- He has received a long list of written and video based testimonials from authors he has helped
- He founded the International Dublin Writers Conference in 2015. It features acclaimed writers from all over the world
- He has overseen growth to over 700,000 in Twitter followers & manages Facebook groups & pages with over 50,000 members.
And, last but not least, we are a Partner Member of The Alliance of Independent Authors, the leading independent author association in the world and adhere to their Code of Conduct, verified & enforced to ensure authors get value for money from service providers.
$69.00Master Class In Remembering All That You Learn
$99.00Fast Track Master Class In Email Marketing For Authors
$99.00Fast Track Master Class In Facebook For Authors
$99.00Master Class In Blogging For Authors With Free Blog Promotion
$99.00Fast Track Master Class In Twitter For Authors
$99.00Fast Track Master Class In Viral Marketing For Authors